Help for SISO-ADMIN Discussion Forum List

SISO-ADMIN Discussion Forum List

SISO-ADMIN Discussion Forum List

SISO-ADMIN@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SISO-ADMIN Home

SISO-ADMIN Home

SISO-ADMIN  February 2016

SISO-ADMIN February 2016

2016 SIW Call for Papers

Mark McCall <[log in to unmask]>

SISO-ADMIN <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 12 Feb 2016 00:15:30 -0500

2016 Simulation Innovation Workshop (SIW) Call for Papers

SISO invites you to participate in the Simulation Innovation Workshop (SIW) in Orlando Florida, September 11 – 16, 2016. This year’s theme is:

Simulations Drive Innovation & Standards Drive Interoperability

The SISO community has been fostering innovation and interoperability since the early 90s. Today, the technology landscape in front of us provides an even greater opportunity for the application of simulations and enabling standards. Our workshops provide an opportunity to share and build towards the future. If you are a developer, engineer, program manager, user, or Modeling and Simulation (M&S) visionary, then SIW is the place to be.

SISO’s vision is to be on the leading edge of innovation and our mission is stay dedicated to the promotion of interoperability and reuse of models, simulations, and associated data. And our annual SIW offers a great venue for you to connect and collaborate on ideas that will forge the future. Come join us, and consider sharing about your innovations and interoperability experiences.

In addition to our 2016 theme, the SIW is focused on three core tracks:

1. Acquisition Lifecycle and Technology Transfer
        • Information that provides guidance on the selection and use of M&S standards and practices to support the Acquisition Lifecycle.

2. Services, Processes, Tools, and Data
        • Technologies, frameworks, and methodologies that provide service or support for modeling and simulation.

3. M&S Specialty Applications
        • Simulation technologies applied for a specific purpose such as augmented reality, medical, cyber security, space, human behavior, system/vehicle or weapon product development, IoT, LVC interoperability, and command and control systems.

One of the major components of the SIW event is SISO University. Through tutorials offered at SIW, subject matter experts in their field provide relevant and fresh training to keep our community sharp in the arena of M&S as it relates to interoperability, reuse and systems engineering.

Key Dates:
8 Apr 2016 Abstracts Due Electronically
2 May 2016 Abstract Acceptance Notification
1 July 2016 Papers Due Electronically
22 July 2016 Paper Acceptance Notification
5 Aug 2016 Final Paper Revisions Due
5 Aug 2016 Initial PowerPoint Presentations Due
26 Aug 2016 Final PowerPoint Presentations Due
11 - 16 Sept 2016 2016 Simulation Innovation Workshop – Orlando, Florida

The 2016 SIW provides an excellent opportunity for M&S professionals, entrepreneurs and visionaries to connect and collaborate on new innovations and in the development of standardization products that capture and formalize best practices, lessons learned, and professional experiences. Our common goal is to advance the use of models, simulations, and associated data to better support the needs of communities such as acquisition, analysis, cyber, experimentation, intelligence, medical, planning, test and evaluation, training, and virtual games.

Conference Tracks:

Acquisition Lifecycle and Technology Transfer Track

The Acquisition Lifecycle and Technology Transfer (ACQ) Track focuses on the promotion and use of M&S standards and practices that support the acquisition lifecycle. We solicit papers that address the identification, application, and value-added benefits of M&S for analysis, research and development, test and evaluation, training, asset management, and system lifecycle strategies. Papers that demonstrate specific applications to specific systems and the benefits of M&S to those systems are preferred.

Services, Processes, Tools, and Data Track

The Services, Processes, Tools, and Data (SVCS) Track encompasses technologies, frameworks, and methodologies to provide services that support models, simulations, and associated data. The track is interested in both processes and their implementations/tools in areas of: distributed simulation process; verification, validation, and accreditation; communication infrastructure; and simulation and environment reuse. The SVCS track focuses on evolving a systems engineering solution to simulation problems across the spectrum from design, through implementation and deployment, to validation, use, and reuse.

M&S Specialty Applications Track

The M&S Specialty Applications (SPEC) rack is concerned with using simulation technologies for a specific purpose such as: LVC interoperability; augmented reality; Internet of Things (IoT) integration, system, vehicle, or weapon product development; space travel; understanding and prediction of human behavior; and design of interoperable command and control systems. Present thrust areas center on the application of M&S for Cyber Warfare, Medical, Space, IoT, and Future Training, but the forum is not limited to these topics. We solicit papers that address the use of Modeling and Simulation in these or other specific applications.

Submission Instructions:

We invite you to submit an abstract that aligns with any of the three core tracks, and are especially interested in papers centered on this year’s theme. Please submit your abstract, paper and presentation to the SISO web site at www.sisostds.org.

September 11-16, 2016
The Florida Hotel and Conference Center
Orlando, Florida
http://www.sisostds.org/2016SIW