Help for SAC-PDG-WEBLVC Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC Home

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC Home

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC  March 2017

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC March 2017

questions regarding draft 0.5

Ringo Wathelet <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-PDG-WebLVC <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Mar 2017 20:12:43 -0500

I've started developing a small prototype WebLVC server based on the draft_0.5.
In doing so, I collected a few notes and questions which maybe of interest to others.

Referring in particular to The Standard WebLVC Object Model:

As I understand Filters apply to objects and interactions, however there is no "ObjectName" in
the interaction messages, and so the "ObjectBounds" filter cannot be applied
to interaction messages. This makes filtering interactions within a range of a designated object difficult.

Given a client requesting the Configuration of CoordinateReferenceSystem to be ECEF, does that
mean that all attributes updates and interactions will be sent by the server in
ECEF and will therefore be subject to possible DeadReckonning.

With regards to StatusLogRequest messages, a client has no way of knowing
how many StatusLog messages the server has, and
so cannot meaningfully set an Offset and a Length values.
Similarly, cannot ask for the last 100 StatusLog, for example.

As part of the specifications, will there be an "official" mapping
between DIS and the Standard WebLVC Object Model?

Regards,
R Wathelet