Help for SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-SWG-ENUM Home

SAC-SWG-ENUM Home

SAC-SWG-ENUM  August 2017

SAC-SWG-ENUM August 2017

Re: EXTERNAL: Request for guidance: enumeration for SA-16 Launcher

Lance Marrou <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-SWG-ENUM <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 15 Aug 2017 11:38:54 -0400

No, the Entity Type would never change. This would be very problematic for most, if not all, simulation applications. Unless there's a lot of local federation agreements to allow this, most do not allow changing Entity Types. Although in DIS v7 we didn't get this is a categorical statement, there are other things that allude to the fact that Entity Types shouldn't change. E.g., for separation events:

The Entity Type field of a parent Entity State PDU shall not be changed
to reflect a change in the physical appearance of the parent entity due
to a separation event.

Instead, the appearance of the entity would indicate whether he has a primary weapon or not, based upon his original composition of the original entity type. Call that his initial capability.

Your second part on the Entity Type of the dropped weapon is correct. That's what we're aiming at. One list of weapons, not one per country code.

Your third part, upon picking up weapons, is the problematic part. Because we can't (don't?) change Entity Types, then there needs to be a NEW mechanism to support that. It's outside the scope of SISO-REF-010 directly, but would need some additional record (perhaps VP record for DIS v7 simulations) that indicate weapons held, perhaps a replacement primary or secondary weapon (all that the appearance field currently support). RPR-based HLA federations are very similar, except that some local federations may have a defined approach to this.

Lance Marrou, Leidos, [log in to unmask]
12901 Science Drive, Orlando, Florida USA 32826, o: 407.243.3710