Help for SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-SWG-ENUM Home

SAC-SWG-ENUM Home

SAC-SWG-ENUM  August 2017

SAC-SWG-ENUM August 2017

Re: EXTERNAL: CR - Add Canadian Air Platforms

David Ronnfeldt <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-SWG-ENUM <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 17 Aug 2017 03:03:45 -0400

For the SAR category, you will need to submit a ‘Blank-SimpleEnum-CR’ form to add a value to the Platform-Air Category [UID 10]. (I have included a copy or this change request)

I would use value 9 – and name it ‘Search and Rescue’

Submit this CR first. Then raise a new CR for the CC-295 SAR

As for the interim solution, that depends on what you are trying to achieve. I am still learning, so Lance please feel free to correct me:
• If you are only after a local solution – you can pick a value that you think would be suitable, but start it at 50 more than any currently listed value (we use this method for some future/experimental equipment). This will give you a local enumeration number for the item you are wanting to utilise. This process is actually listed in our simulation standards guide here in Australia and also in the ‘THE DEFENCE TRAINING & EDUCATION CAPABILITY (DTEC) PROGRAMME - Policy for UK Enumerations for Distributed Simulation’ (There is a PDF copy of this in the SISO-AUSTRALIA Discussion Forum List)
• You go ahead and submit the new air category CR and the CC-295 SAR aircraft. If the new category is recommended for approval, it will then be release in the next v24 release. The CR to add the CC-295 will allocate an enumeration number. This CR will be placed on hold – future until the first aircraft has been delivered, then the status will need to be changed to re-work and then recommended etc… There is nothing stopping you from using this number locally until the CR process is complete and it comes out in the office SISO-REF-010 release (this means that the system using this locally generated number should not need an update to match the official SISO release).
• Also, if you reference the CC-295 as a variant on the 1.2.198.4.2 EADS CASA C-295 in the CR and in the local information, it then allows the systems (and geeks) know that the closest match is the EADS CASA C-295

As for deprecating the existing CF-188A/B listing – I would include that in a REV C

It’s good to see some Canadian input on the site. I was in your position 3 years ago with Australia.

Are you getting any support from the Canadian Military on this work?

Regards,

David Ronnfeldt

Simulation Standards Officer
Australian Defence Simulation and Training Centre
Joint Operations Command
Annex, 10 Whyalla Street (FYD-GF-21)
PO Box 7940
Canberra BC ACT 2610