Help for SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-SWG-ENUM Home

SAC-SWG-ENUM Home

SAC-SWG-ENUM  August 2017

SAC-SWG-ENUM August 2017

Re: PV80 and OPV85 surface vessels Change Proposal

David Ronnfeldt <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-SWG-ENUM <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 20 Aug 2017 21:02:40 -0400

I agree with this one, rather interesting.

I can see a use for the OPV 80 class at the moment (even though there are none in use by the German Navy). The Royal Brunei Navy has 4 of these boats that were built for them by the German Ship Builder.

I would like to see the OPV 85 and 90 moved to a future category, as there have been none built as yet, but it will leave the number as allocated....

As far as I know, these ships are being marketed more like the way aircraft are marketed (ie this is the basic ship - we can then built/fit-out to your requirements).

I know that the company is actively pursuing at least one Military contract at the moment, for the OPV 90 boat, and I am assuming they are actively pursuing other contracts.

So I would like to see this CR progress.

Regards,

David Ronnfeldt