Help for SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-SWG-ENUM Home

SAC-SWG-ENUM Home

SAC-SWG-ENUM  February 2018

SAC-SWG-ENUM February 2018

Re: EXTERNAL: CR - Add Canadian Maritime Coastal Defence Vessels

Vincent Cloutier <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-SWG-ENUM <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 16 Feb 2018 09:57:15 -0500

Hi Lance,

I know the information comes from Wikipedia, but here is what I used in terms of classification for these vessels.

"Their main missions are counter narcotics, coastal surveillance, sovereignty patrol, route survey, and training. They were designed with a minesweeping role in mind and are consequently classified as mechanical minesweepers (MM); however, this role has diminished as a result of the evolving nature of mine warfare. The possibility of acquiring the gear necessary to undertake a more appropriate mine-hunting role continues to be examined."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingston-class_coastal_defence_vessel

Yes they were originally designed as Minehunters, but they have taken on a "multi-task" role instead. Ultimately, I am happy for the group to determine how strictly we want to classify these ships and will generate a modification to the CR as required.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gareth