Help for SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-SWG-ENUM Home

SAC-SWG-ENUM Home

SAC-SWG-ENUM  February 2018

SAC-SWG-ENUM February 2018

Re: EXTERNAL: CR to add Canadian Land Vehicles

David Ronnfeldt <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-SWG-ENUM <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 20 Feb 2018 22:12:06 -0500

Now this is an interesting subject.... What is the difference between:

Class 2 - Armored Fighting Vehicle
Class 3 - Armored Utility Vehicle

To me, it may often come down to the vehicle utilisation....

What I have tried to do in Rev A, is to split the Bison and the M113 into both categories, depending on configuration.

I looked at the Coyote vehicles, and as the weapon doesn't change (ie still has a big gun that can destroy things) I think it should remain in the fighting vehicle class.

Also, the RG-31 is a variant of the South African RG-31 Nyala, so it should keep the variant flag (ie has lots of Canadian modifications).

I will endeavour to also look at the other countries Class 2 and Class 3 entries, to see if there are other occurrences where utility use has been listed under fighting.

Regards,

David Ronnfeldt