Help for SAC-PDG-RIEDP Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-RIEDP Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-RIEDP Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-RIEDP@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-PDG-RIEDP Home

SAC-PDG-RIEDP Home

SAC-PDG-RIEDP  June 2018

SAC-PDG-RIEDP June 2018

DTED to DGED transition

David Ronnfeldt <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-PDG-RIEDP <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 28 Jun 2018 21:07:47 -0400

Just a quick question for you knowledgeable folk,

Are you aware of the pending retirement of the DTED data standard, and it’s replacement the DGED?

From the Geo side, this just looks like a good progression – as the DGED provides much greater resolution. See the DGIWG page here for more information.

https://www.dgiwg.org/dgiwg/htm/documents/standards_implementation_profiles.htm

My question is what impact will this have on the Modelling and Simulation community.

Is anyone aware of any investigations into this from a developer/user end?

At this stage we here at ADSTC have not even considered this until now – which is why I am looking for information so that I can prepare a brief.

Regards,

David Ronnfeldt

Simulation Standards Officer
Australian Defence Simulation and Training Centre
Joint Operations Command
Annex, 10 Whyalla Street (FYD-GF-21)
PO Box 7940
Canberra BC ACT 2610