Help for SAC-PDG-WEBLVC Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC Home

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC Home

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC  September 2018

SAC-PDG-WEBLVC September 2018

Re: WebLVC subscription defaults discussion

Brad Dillman <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-PDG-WebLVC <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 7 Sep 2018 10:16:19 -0400

I somewhat like the idea of an AllTypes = t/f property (so we can use the same name for objects and interactions). But I have 1 reservation, see below (filters).

We could also make the existing ObjectType and InteractionType properties in the Subscribe and Unsubscribe messages polymorphic to accept either a single string, or a list of strings.

I think adding an AllTypes property would make EITHER ObjectType/InteractionType OR AllTypes required, but not both simultaneously.

But one more wrinkle before proceeding: use of AllTypes = true could also result in overwriting filter definitions for existing subscriptions, which would also be confusing. If you add more rules on how filter definitions are applied with/without AllTypes, then you're adding more rules and complexity.