Help for SAC-PDG-RPR Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-RPR Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-RPR Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-RPR@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-PDG-RPR Home

SAC-PDG-RPR Home

SAC-PDG-RPR  October 2018

SAC-PDG-RPR October 2018

Extendable Variant Records

Aaron Dubois <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-PDG-RPR <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Oct 2018 13:43:01 -0400

Hello all,

In last week's HLA PDG meeting there was discussion of a comment that arose directly out of the RPR FOM group's desire for Variant Records that could be extended in FOM modules. It was an interesting discussion which obviously has direct bearing on the RPR PDG's current work. We had a follow on to that discussion today at the RPR drafting group meeting.

Since many people were only present for one meeting or the other, I thought it would be helpful to put together a quick summary of what came out of both of these discussions. The primary remaining issue is how to handle the alignment of Extendable Variant Records when not all alternatives will be known by all federates. In the attached document I outline the three possibilities that have come up in these two meetings. I hope it helps to explain the options. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or corrections on what I have written here.

I am a strong supporter of this HLA feature, but I personally do not have an overwhelming preference among these three options. As I thought about it today while writing this up, I suppose I lean slightly toward option 2, as it is simpler than option 3 while providing a bit more flexibility for the future than option 1. However I would be satisfied with any of these choices.

Since this HLA feature will affect some of the decisions we will make in the RPR PDG, I think it would behoove us to consider what we think would be best for the RPR community and relay that opinion to the HLA PDG.

Regards,
Aaron