2019 Simulation Innovation Workshop (SIW)
February 11 – 15, 2019
Call for Papers & Presentations
The Simulation Interoperability Standards Organization (SISO) invites you to participate in the 2019 Simulation Innovation Workshop (SIW) at the Florida Hotel and Conference Center in Orlando, Florida, February 11 – 15, 2019.
As we look to the future, the SIW theme is Simulation for the Next Generation. We invite you to submit an abstract for presentation centered on a need or opportunity that Modeling & Simulation (M&S) can solve, and a supporting concept or capability that makes M&S even more practical and useful.
The 2019 SIW is re-emphasizing its workshop origins. To that end, specifically for the 2019 SIW, SISO is:
1. Inviting submission of abstracts for presentations that may or may not have an accompanying paper. Presentations without papers are to foster the dissemination of ideas and concepts of interest to the M&S community.
2. Restricting presentation times to 18 minutes to allow for extended periods of discussion within the presentation sessions. A discussion period may be held immediately after each presentation or held after the set of presentations in a session. SISO's hope is to have these extended discussion periods last as much as 30 minutes per session.
3. Inviting presentations that are either technical or conceptual. A conceptual presentation may address a question, or set of questions, that need to be raised; clarifies an existing problem; proposes a solution or capability that solves a problem; or is the anticipated outcome of your proposed research or effort.
SISO hopes the presenters and SIW audience members are encouraged to discuss and debate in the interactive presentation sessions to encourage innovation, collaboration and simulation standards development. A closing session for the entire SIW will highlight key takeaways.
Topics of Interest
Abstracts are encouraged that address the full range of M&S topic areas including the following:
• "How to" Use SISO Standards (Acquisition, Execution, ...)
• Cloud Based Simulation / Simulation as a Service
• Innovative M&S Applications (Non-DoD, C2, Humanitarian Support, IoT, ...)
• Innovative Training Simulation Applications
• M&S Environments for Agile Development, Rapid Prototyping, ...
• Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) / Digital Engineering Applications
• Modeling Humans (Medical, Behavioral, ...)
• Cyber Representations and Cyber Physical System Simulation
• Reuse of M&S Assets (Repositories, Metadata, Composability, Transformation, ...)
• Transforming Legacy Systems/Software
• Verification, Validation and Accreditation
Please submit your abstract via the SISO web site at https://www.sisostds.org/2019SIW.aspx. Your submitted abstract will be evaluated to ensure proper fit for the workshop. When submitting your abstract, please identify if a paper submission is also anticipated.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to develop and submit a presentation, and, if they choose, a paper.
As SISO transitions the SIW from its historic time in September to our new February season, the schedule for preparation of presentations and papers is very tight. We all benefit by moving out of Atlantic hurricane season, but we need your help to work through things at an increased tempo.
31 October 2018 “Early Decision”† Abstracts Due Electronically
15 November 2018 “Early Decision”† Abstract Acceptance Notification
30 November 2018 All Abstracts Due Electronically
13 December 2018 Abstract Acceptance Notification
21 December 2018 Initial Presentations / Paper Due Electronically
8 January 2019 Presentation / Paper Acceptance Notification
25 January 2019 Final Presentations / Paper Presentations Due
11 - 15 February 2019 2019 Simulation Innovation Workshop – Orlando, Florida
† Note: The “early decision” option is provided for authors who expect a lengthy public release approval process for their papers/presentations. The request for an early decision must be selected on the abstract submittal form.
The SISO community has been fostering innovation and interoperability since the early 1990s. Today, the technology landscape in front of us provides an even greater opportunity for the application of simulations and enabling standards. Our workshops provide an opportunity to share and build toward the future. If you are a developer, engineer, program manager, user, or visionary, then SIW is the place to be!
SISO’s vision is to be on the leading edge of innovation, and our mission is to stay dedicated to the promotion of interoperability and reuse of models, simulations, and associated data. Our SIW event offers a great venue for you to connect with other professionals and collaborate on ideas that will forge the future. Come join us and consider sharing information about your innovations and interoperability experiences!
February 11-15, 2019
The Florida Hotel and Conference Center
To unsubscribe from the SISO-ADMIN list, click the following link: