SAC-SWG-ENUM Archives

October 2019

SAC-SWG-ENUM@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

From:
Graham Shanks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SAC-SWG-ENUM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2019 06:38:23 -0400
The first part of the SchemaLocation is not the location of the Schema file it is a Universal Resource Identifier (URI) which uniquely identifies the namespace (which is why it includes the version number). It assures that the correct version of the schema is used to validate the XML file. The second part of the SchemaLocation (the text after the space) is a hint to the location of the schema file. Since this is only the file name without any path it is up to the XML parser to determine where the schema file is (normally putting the schema in the same directory as the XML file is sufficient but your mileage may differ depending on your XML parser).

The schema file does not have to be present at the URI in the SchemaLocation although it is conventional to do so.

In summary, we do not need to upload the schema file to the SISO web site, although when the draft is approved and published I would recommend that it is uploaded.

Regards
Graham