Help for SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM Discussion Forum List

SAC-SWG-ENUM@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-SWG-ENUM Home

SAC-SWG-ENUM Home

SAC-SWG-ENUM  December 2019

SAC-SWG-ENUM December 2019

Re: R: CR to add Oil Platform FMB-LQ

Flemming Joergensen <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-SWG-ENUM <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Dec 2019 03:45:07 -0500

From what I can read about the project, I think "FMB LQ" is a general category of Living Quarters and that there are likely to be more than one. I assume that the text is written on the side of the platform and on the helipad, is intended to help helicopters to land at the correct helipad.

Thanks for the position.
There are many platforms in that area, but I think the closest one to the position, is the platform "AS-CA".
If this is the correct platform, then I suggest to use the name "AS-CA" as the structure combined of the two linked platforms.

Since all oil platforms have a light with morse code "U", I found the name in: "PUB. 112 List of Lights Radio Aids and Fog Signals 2019 Western Pacific and Indian Oceans Including the Persian Gulf and Red Sea".
This can be downloaded from: https://msi.nga.mil/Publications/NGALOL

In the List of Lights there is the entry:
(US ID No.) 28875.4 -Platform AS-CA.
26° 35.0´ N
51° 55.5´ E
Mo.(U)W. period 15s

There are two nearby platforms:
28875 Al Shaheen Oilfield, Platform AS-AB.
26° 35.5´ N
52° 00.1´ E
Mo.(U)W. period 15s

28875.2 -Platform AS-BA.