Help for SAC-PSG-CIGI Discussion Forum List

SAC-PSG-CIGI Discussion Forum List

SAC-PSG-CIGI Discussion Forum List

SAC-PSG-CIGI@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-PSG-CIGI Home

SAC-PSG-CIGI Home

SAC-PSG-CIGI  January 2020

SAC-PSG-CIGI January 2020

Re: PCR028C posted for discusion

Curtis Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-PSG-CIGI <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 28 Jan 2020 16:42:24 -0500

My understanding has always been the military vs. civilian color and blink rate for lights & beacons are defined by the IG content.

Do you have a reference for individual control of heli pad lights? I have found references to directional indicator arrays, but not control of individual lights. What is the use case? That said, this could be another justification for adding Component Control Feature ID and Sub-feature ID fields (see PCR038 discussion). Do we need individual light control for the FLOLS meatball or simply a position value as a data field?

Temporary displaced threshold lights appear to be an airfield construction phase thing:
https://www.aviationpros.com/home/product/10133207/neubert-aero-corp-temporary-displaced-threshold-marking-and-lighting-kit
I will add "displaced" to the entry for clarity.

Runway Guard Light (RGL) appears to be an updated name for Hold Markings. Is this correct? I am reading that typically an airfield will have elevated two-light wig-wags or a line of yellow lights in pavement, but not both.

Regarding runway closed lights, is your contact referring to Stop Bars? Are these now also referred to as Runway Intersection Lights (RIL)? The Runway Entrance Light (REL) & Takeoff Hold Light (THL) arrays of the RWSL system appear to be in addition to Stop Bars. My limited reading suggests we should have entries for all three.

I take the High/Medium/Low Intensity Runway Lights bits to be an alternative to setting a specific intensity, i.e. the IG could have predefined settings for these intensities instead of the host sim needing to explicitly set these intensity values directly. Instead of a dedicated bit field, this could be a Feature and Sub-feature ID. I will update accordingly in response to PCR038 discussion.

Best regards,

Curt