Help for SAC-PSG-CIGI Discussion Forum List

SAC-PSG-CIGI Discussion Forum List

SAC-PSG-CIGI Discussion Forum List

SAC-PSG-CIGI@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-PSG-CIGI Home

SAC-PSG-CIGI Home

SAC-PSG-CIGI  January 2020

SAC-PSG-CIGI January 2020

CIGI 4.1 Drafting group

Simon Skinner <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-PSG-CIGI <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 22 Jan 2020 08:52:03 -0500

Everyone,

The CIGI 4.1 Product Nomination is out for the mandatory 30 day comment period. The product nomination has been sent to everyone on the CIGI reflector, not just CIGI PSG members. The comment period ends February 15, which is just after our meeting at SIW. Normally we would wait for approval before looking at setting up a drafting group.

However I have talked with our Technical Area Director on the Standards Activity Committee and it is OK for us to put together a drafting group at our face to face meeting in 3 weeks time on the assumption we will gain approval shortly afterwards.

So we are looking for volunteers to lead and be part of the drafting group for CIGI 4.1.

At the end of this message I have attached an extract from SISO procedures around the drafting group and the roles for you to look at.
(full document is here https://www.sisostds.org/DigitalLibrary.aspx?Command=Core_Download&EntryId=32713)

Given the limited nature of what we are doing I propose we have one Drafting group with a single drafting group editor and several members.

So, if you wish to volunteer to be a member or to lead the drafting group for CIGI 4.1 please email me directly at: [log in to unmask] or respond to this thread.

If you do volunteer, it would be helpful for you to gain approval (if necessary) that your organization is prepared to support your efforts so that the CIGI4.1 development goes quickly and smoothly.

Simon

--------------------
A PDG shall establish one or more Drafting Groups to address the Product Nomination (PN). A DG shall consist of a subset of the PDG members appointed by the PDG Chair and ratified by the PDG. While the PDG as a whole determines the direction of the product, the DG actually produces the product or product component. For most products, a PDG will have to divide the work to efficiently complete the Product. DGs provide a PDG with a mechanism to divide work among several groups. Each PDG will have to determine the number of DGs required based on its PN. A PDG shall have at least one (1) DG and generally not more than three (3). The PDG should consider the following factors when determining the number of DGs required.

• Number of active PDG volunteers to support the DG.
• Structure of the Product. If the product is to be divided into several parts (see Product Numbering), one DG may be formed for each part.
• Schedule constraints under which the PDG is working.

Each DG shall have the following organization:

4.2.3.5.1

DG Editor

The PDG Chair appoints a Drafting Group Editor from the DG membership and the PDG votes to ratify
this appointment. The PDG Chair shall not serve as DG Editor. The DG Editor is responsible for
overseeing the development of a Product component based on direction from the
PDG. The DG Editor assigns specific tasks to DG members, collects input, and integrates the input into the Product component
being drafted. The DG Editor reports the efforts of the DG to the PDG.

4.2.3.5.2
DG Assistant Editor

The PDG Chair may appoint a DG Assistant Editor from the DG membership and the PDG votes to ratify
this appointment. This position is optional but suggested by the SAC for those product components that are very large, or very complex.

4.2.3.5.3
DG Member

A DG Member provides input in the development of the draft Product or Product component.