Help for SAC-PDG-PSG-C2SIM Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-PSG-C2SIM Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-PSG-C2SIM Discussion Forum List

SAC-PDG-PSG-C2SIM@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-PDG-PSG-C2SIM Home

SAC-PDG-PSG-C2SIM Home

SAC-PDG-PSG-C2SIM  June 2020

SAC-PDG-PSG-C2SIM June 2020

MSDL support for Radio setting for Scenario

Ng Chee Kiong <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-PDG-PSG-C2SIM <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Jun 2020 00:07:01 -0400

Hi,

   There is a requirement in our virtual system development project to use MSDL as standard scenario format. Based on our understanding MSDL is initially designed for Scenario for C2 system and hence it will need extension for use in Virtual System. While we are looking into the support of MSDL for radio initial setting for units and single platform we discovered that there is no frequency setting which is required for our virtual simulator to do radio communication simulated training

   Based on the MSDL Standard for Radio Comm settings, there are radio initial setting for both units and Equipment. The following is what defined for Radio Communication in MSDL.

   Units:
      Unit.CommunicationNetInstances.CommunicationInstance and the following specifies the content of CommunicationNetInstance for Unit. It has CommunicaiotnNetType, CommunicationNetId and CommunicationService but it does not have frequency values which requires by virtual Simulator used for communication.

     Equipments
                EquipmentItem.CommunicationnetReferences.CommunicationnetReference and the following specifies the content of CommunicationnetReference and it simply contained CommunicationNetId and UnitOwnerHandle.

      Based on the description from MSDL as “The CommunicationNetReference element specifies a reference to a CommunicationNetInstance that the equipment monitors or uses to communicate mission information”.

It seems like the fields in CommunicationnetReference of CommuncitionNetId and UnitOwnerHandle are supposed to reference to the Units CommunicationNetInstance defined in Unit. Hence, equipment radio setting MUST be referred to the radio setting in Units.

      In the event of our scenario which have only equipment i.e. Single Platform and no Units (i.e. aggregate), we will probably have to extend our new element for radio Communication Setting. Note: We are defining on equipments element for scenario where there are integrated single platform training.

       In order to support our virtual simulator project, we are thinking of the following extension to include the frequency for the RadioNet to handle the case of 1. Scenario with Units and Equipment 2. Scenario with only Equipment and no Units

       For Case 1: We will simply extending the Frequency element in CommunicationNetInstance

       For Case 2: We will include element in CommunicationNetInstance for equipment and with frequency extension for Equipmentitem with no CommunicationNetReference it will have CommunicationNetInstance element with frequency.

       Hope to hear from the comments of MSDL experts here on this topics.

       Thanks you and have a nice day.

 With Regards,

Chee Kiong