Help for SAC-PSG-CIGI Discussion Forum List

SAC-PSG-CIGI Discussion Forum List

SAC-PSG-CIGI Discussion Forum List

SAC-PSG-CIGI@DISCUSSIONS.SISOSTDS.ORG

SAC-PSG-CIGI Home

SAC-PSG-CIGI Home

SAC-PSG-CIGI  July 2020

SAC-PSG-CIGI July 2020

Re: Building new CCL on source

Roland Humphries <[log in to unmask]>

SAC-PSG-CIGI <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Jul 2020 22:27:20 +0100

Hi Paul,

I asked again yesterday and got a quick response from Greg today that we should be able to transfer the effective ownership of the CCL to the CIGI PSG, or at least some of us associated with the PSG, I'm not quite sure exactly how that will happen yet, but it's at least good that it's progressed a bit further.

If you have cmake installed you should just be able to run one of the batch files (e.g. cmake_generate_vc2013_win32) and it will generate vc2013 sln and vcxproj so you can use those for debugging, I prefer using visual studio as well, but having multiple build systems usually results in them getting out of step or a lot of overhead which is why I wanted to remove them, also cmake works much better for multi-platform stuff.

Also if you add this line in the _CMAKE_BUILD.bat file:

        cmake -S %SRCDIR% -B %BUILDDIR% -DCCL_EXAMPLES_ENABLE:BOOL=ON

just after BUILDDIR has been set then it will add the examples to the solution as well. Would you mind giving that a go?

Cmake is pretty easy on linux, I tested building earlier today using WSL (hence the fixes from this morning), I just did the following:

        enter the cigi\ccl directory

        mkdir _linux

        cd _linux

        cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -S ../

        make

this generates the output libraries in the _linux\lib directory, it's the install process that I'm not sure about with linux. I am getting the visual studio generated files put into a ccl\Build directory (using the scripts) which I thought we could use for deploying builds in the future, but that's different for linux with the package stuff. Testing install with WSL I just get failures, but then that isn’t really like a proper linux install. To run the cmake install after building you do this:

        cmake --build . --target install

Alternatively you can use the cmake GUI and a linux IDE which might make this a bit easier, but if we can get a bash script to autogen everything like I've done for windows that would be useful.

Regards,

Roland.