As the submitter I recommend this CR be rejected for the following reasons:
1. The UID was intended as a short integer “model ID”, primarily for systems desired shortened identifiers than the 64-bit Entity Type. The UID seems to have little traction for now, so displaying it doesn’t seem that important.
2. The UID is still available in the XML.
3. The UID is included in the output for the XSLT to Excel
4. It will require significant coding changes, and thus little expectation (low priority) of completion.
5. It will require new, incompatible CR forms, causing issues for a low priority item.
Should someone desire UIDs in the printed (Word/PDF) document, feel free to comment or resurrect this CR at a later date. Loading the Excel takes only a few minutes, however, compared to possibly not even being able to complete this CR.
Lance Marrou, Leidos, [log in to unmask]
12901 Science Drive, Orlando, Florida USA 32826, o: 407.243.3710
From: SISO-ENUM: Lance Marrou [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 3:50 PM
Subject: (CR03268) Add UID Support to Templates
From: "Lance Marrou" ([log in to unmask])
*** This message was generated from SISO-ENUM ***
This is an automated message generated by the Enumerations for Simulation Interoperability tool set.
Your change request has been registered and has been allocated Change Request Number 3268. A copy of your change request is attached as CR03268 - Add_UID_to_template.xlsx. If you want to update or withdraw this change request then please modify the attached file and reply to this email. Please do not change the file name other than to add or modify the revision letter after the CR number.
Leidos / SE Core CVEM,
[log in to unmask]
12901 Science Drive, Orlando, Florida USA 32826, o: 407.243.3710, f: 407.243.3598
-- Attachment: CR03268 - Add_UID_to_template(1).docx
[log in to unmask]
To start a new topic: [log in to unmask]
To view discussion: http://discussions.sisostds.org/threadview.aspx?fid=31&threadid=55661#91110
To (un)subscribe: Send a message to
[log in to unmask] with the word unsubscribe in the message body.
Important: the unsubscribe email needs to be in plain text format, and needs to have no subject line.
To unsubscribe from the SAC-SWG-ENUM list, click the following link: